For each issue we have a 3-month submission window: from 1st September – 30th November.
We welcome submissions on any theme. Sticking as far as possible to the following guidelines will make our jobs much easier and earn our gratitude.
- Entitle your email with the appropriate heading: so “poetry submission”, “fiction submission” or “review proposal”.
- Send your work in the body of the email and NOT as an attachment.
- Please send no more than 5 poems or 500 words of prose. Comment or review pieces are typically around 1000 words but please consult us first – we will often ask to see a sample of your writing beforehand.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We do not need explanatory notes or a ‘pitch’ as a preamble to your work – let the work speak for itself.
- Please do not adorn your work with over-the-top fonts / colours, patterns or pictures.
Email submissions may be sent to email@example.com
If you would prefer to post us your work please send it to the below address:
English and Creative Writing Dep.
Things to bear in mind:
We are a team of dedicated and committed students and will try our best to get back to you within six weeks – but sometimes deadlines, exams or other work commitments may affect this time frame. We will always email you with our final decision – whether we accept your work or not, so if you haven’t heard from us please assume we’re working our way through the submissions. But if you are anxious to know about your work, or if you need to notify us of a withdrawal or change, then feel free to email us.